Saturday, February 14, 2015

"Siempre"


The hype is calming down, my body is adjusting to the schedule, and I am officially able to carry on a (basic) conversation in Spanish! Only about simple gospel truths though... we pretty much learn all of our grammar through gospel lessons and phrases.

GUYS. Here are some things that always --siempre-- happen here at the CCM:

-SIEMPRE Teaching. Its super scary at first because we dont know the language...and its frustrating when you cant figure out how to say what you want to say. You just end up bearing your testimony or asking to sing a hymn and then it all works out :)


-SIEMPRE Study. When youre not teaching, youre studying to prepare for teaching. Studying includes our challenge to read 6 chapters in the BoM diariamente (to finish before we leave) in addition to reading Preach my Gospel in two languages, and our 3 Missionary Language Manuals. Luckily, we have district classrooms where we can keep all of our stuff together... but trying to study outside is like trying to carry your whole life in two hands. And then...if you or your companion forgets something\has to pee\needs water\anything... PAUSE everything and go with them everywhere. Yall know how patient and willing I am when interrupted ;)

-SIEMPRE Sueño. Cansado. Tired. My body has adjusted to the early morning wake up call, but lately Ive been waking up earlier and earlier on my own, like 15-20 min BEFORE my alarm. I get up and just chill in the bathroom so I dont wake anybody else up. Upside? Its some extra alone time!! What a wonderful place of peace the bathroom has become for me.

-side note real quick: Im making it sound like my companion is like the worst... but shes not! She is really super great. And I need her to help me. Its just the independent-no-more adjustment that I need to work through!

-SIEMPRE rice. We eat super well here at the CCM...but every meal has rice, some form of potatoes, and meat. They serve a lot of steamed then refridgerated veggies, but I just dump em all into my soup and its WONDERFUL! Getting dem veggies in while I can... who knows what Ill be eating in el campo. Probably rice. Siempre.

-SIEMPRE Serve. or love. or lovingly serve. Which is SO HARD FOR ME!!! I was just starting to get good at it... then they put you with someone you have to literally breathe next to 24'7 and sometimes it makes me want to climb over the CCM wall and run away. Butttttttt, as I have been working on trying to serve my companion, I have seen a lot of growth in our ability to teach with more unity and guidance from the spirit. So I guess its worth it, yeah?

If youre still reading, I applaud you. Missionary emails are long fa sho... so much stuff happenes that I dont even know what to say! But yep. Siempre PDAY.

Time still feels weird... some days are slow, and others are fast. 
Im always starving going into meals, then I feel like someone has to roll me out of the cafeteria. 
I miss my family (AKA YOU GUYS) a lot :( and I miss being an athlete. 
My district is close enough to family, and the latinos love it when I play fútbol!

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! XOXOXOXO

HNA Simmons


PS.... I hurt my knee playing soccer. Not going home as of now, so no worries mom. Playing soccer, went up for a cross ball and landed slightly off. Lots of grinding and creeking in dat knee of mine.... Yeah it was bad. BUT I got a blessing, elevated it, and have a little bit of movement now :) Plus Im a pro at using crutches!
(Mom I didnt want to tell you cuz I dont want you to worry... but thought youd like to be in the loop. Im in good hands. Doctor looked at it and once the swelling goes down a little more he can take a better look.)

No comments:

Post a Comment