Friday, February 27, 2015

Loomis to Lima… and Back

Welp, hello! Week 4 was definitely one full of adventures, spontaneaty (sp?), and lots of emotions. AKA I have had more ice cream this past week than I think Ive ever had in my life... and Ive also recieved hugs and sentiments from missionaries, teachers, and cafeteria workers alike, some of whom Ive never met but wanted to wish me well.


---------the suspense is building--------


Remember way back when (week 1) I told you that I loved playing soccer here at the CCM because the latinos play and think im a stud Hermana, and all the North Americans just have a blast? Then remember the next week (week 2) I told yall that I was playing soccer and slightly tweaked my knee... The following week I enjoyed nice long walks to and from the doctors office and worked on my tricep muscles while walking through the hallways... on crutches. Over time I was able to put more weight on my knee, as well as increase the mobility of it, so things were looking good! I was more than frustrated, however, when the doctor would check out my knee and fail to give me any clear diagnostic or anything. Week three was in motion, and the doc suggested I go to the "local" hospital
(45min away without traffic) 
and get an MRI to see if we can discover the issue.


So, I did.

Results came on Monday (the 22nd) ... and this time tomorrow I will be on a flight back home to California. I am coming home to have surgery on a completely ruptered ACL in my right knee.

The competition level obviously was a little too real playing fútbol... 

Can you see where the emotions, spontaneous change of plans, and "adventures" come in? Stay tuned for the updates... Once I sign off of the computer I am headed back up to my room to pack my bags. I leave the CCM at 9:30pm tonight, right after my District and I have the best send-off goodbye ever!! :) #peruknowshowtoparty #icecreamanyone?

Thank you for all of the support and prayers since I have been here. The love I have felt has been incredible. I really cant describe how I am feeling...at all... but one thing I CAN describe is the reality of my relationship with God. I have complete faith that everything happens for a reason... cliché and all. I am BEYOND sad to leave my district family here at the CCM and wouldnt wish this on anybody... but I know that my life is in the Lords hands. He knows me, He knows what I need, and He knows what will happen.



(i guess if I have to go home, these are the studs I'd want to spend my last day here with!)


Heres to a quick recovery so I can head back out into the mission field as soon as possible! :)

LOVE YOU ALL, thank you for the prayers. 
Loomis peeps, I guess I will be seeing you soon.

XOXO
HNA Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment